Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year, New Goals

One of my goals for 2017 is to read and write more, and I don't mean read or write things required for my job.  I want to read and write for pleasure.  Another goal for 2017, which is also most people's goal, is to exercise more.  I have found a way to combine two of my three goals.  I had a book on my kindle that I downloaded last summer, hoping to read poolside while the kids swam.  Didn't happen. As a member of audible.com, I get one free audio book per month. It just so happened that they had the audio version of the book I already had downloaded.  I have never really enjoyed audio books, as I get distracted easily.  Last week I decided to try to listen/read my book while walking on the treadmill.  It was awesome.  I walked/listened/read for an hour while Rylan was at wrestling practice. Problem...solved!

Now on to my goal to write more.  As most people know, I like to post on Facebook about my kids, my job, my vacations, my little side business, and anything on my mind.  So, technically, I'm already writing.  I decided that this blog would be a good way for me to write about things all in one place, and not always on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.  I don't know exactly what I will blog about, maybe just musings that I have or inspirational things that have happened to me.

Even if nobody reads my blog at all, it will be a way to get the thoughts out of my head.  I am constantly "drafting" things in my head before I post anywhere online.  Often, I start a post and it's just too much for social media.  This will be my place for my thoughts.

Happy New Year and here's to reaching goals in 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment